Kingsbury operates an email and IT network. Its registered office is 249 Cranbrook Road, Ilford, Essex IG1 4TG. It is registered in England under Company Number 06869268.
Your Privacy and this Policy
We take the privacy of your personal information very seriously and know that you will wish to understand how we will use your personal information.
- Inform you about what personal information we collect and why, how we use it, who we share it with, as well as giving you other important information;
- Covers personal information collected via our website as well as information that you may provide when corresponding directly with us.
Which personal information do we collect?
Personal information that you provide voluntarily:
- Contact information, such as your name, telephone number, mobile phone number, email address and postal address;
- Details of the type of property that you are interested in purchasing;
- Details of how interested you are in making a purchase and when you are looking to buy;
- Details of your financial circumstances, such as whether you are a purchasing.
There are generally no adverse effects for you if you choose not to provide your personal information. You will still be able to use the majority of our website however, without some of this information, we may not be able to communicate with you and/or take certain actions that you request, for example because this personal information is required to respond to your enquiries.
Automatic Collection of Information
We do not automatically log personal data nor do we link information automatically logged by other means with personal data about specific individuals.
We collect personal data that you volunteer while using our website or conducting a commercial relationship with us. To keep our databases accurate, we may also collect information about you from other sources, such as public records or bodies, or private organisations.
We do not collect or use personal data for any other purpose, nor do we share it with third parties, but if we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, we will ask your permission first.
If you give us personal information about somebody else, such as a colleague, we will assume you have their permission to do so, and their data will also be subject to this policy.
How do we collect your personal information?
Personal Information provided by you:
The main way that we collect your personal information from you is when you provide it to us. This could be through our website or when speaking to one of our sales staff, either in person, via email or on the telephone.
Personal information provided by third parties:
We may receive your initial name and contact details from and introducer or other person(s) acting as agent on your behalf.
We have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from:
- Unauthorised access
- Improper use or disclosure
- Unauthorised modification
- Unlawful destruction or accidental loss
All our employees and data processors that have access to, and are associated with, the processing of personal data are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal data. We ensure that your personal data will not be disclosed to state institutions and authorities except if required by law or other regulation.
Why will we use your personal information?
Uses of your information:
The most common purposes for which we will use your information are:
General communication: We will use your information to communicate with you and provide you with the details of properties that you have requested and to respond to any enquiries you may have.
Understanding your property search requirements:
- We will use the information that you provide to us to try to find the right property for you.
- We will use the details of when you are looking to buy to assess how interested we believe you are in making a sale/purchase.
- We will use the details you provide to us about your current property status and your funding arrangements to assess your ability to proceed with any sale/purchase you may wish to make.
- We will use the details of the type of property that you are interested in selling/purchasing; the above information and your direct marketing preferences to inform you about properties that we believe may be suitable to you.
You can unsubscribe/withdraw your consent and ask us to stop sending you marketing materials at any time by using the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of marketing emails, by informing one of our sales consultants (with whom you have previously been dealing) or through our website.
We act on withdrawals of consent as soon as we can. Please note, if you ask us to stop marketing to you, then you will cease receiving marketing from Kingsbury.
Additionally, and as required, we may use your information:
- To analyse and improve Kingsbury’s products and services
- For general business administration
- To comply with our legal, contractual and regulatory obligations
- To comply with court orders and to exercise or defend legal rights
Who will we share your personal information with?
We may disclose your information to our third-party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other organisations for the purposes of providing services to us or directly to you on our behalf. Such third parties may include cloud services providers (such as hosting and email management), or other third parties who provide services to us. These include but are not limited to IT service providers, solicitors, auditors and any agents acting on your behalf.
When we use third party service providers, we will retain control over and we will remain fully responsible for your personal data and we will use appropriate safeguards as required by applicable law to ensure the integrity and security of your personal data when engaging such service providers.
We may also share your personal information with law enforcement and regulatory agencies.
Keeping your personal information safe
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information, for example:
- Our IT systems are protected by firewalls; regular software updates; anti-virus protections and intrusion detection systems; and
- We store your personal information on secure servers located in the UK and Europe.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information that is transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us.
Access to your Personal Data
You are entitled by law to request a copy of any personal data we hold about you. If you would like to know whether we hold personal information about you, or to request a copy, you can ask us and we will provide you with a readable copy of the personal data that we keep about you within a week. We will provide the information without any charge. We allow you to challenge the data that we hold about you and, where appropriate, you may have the data:
- Rectified or amended
- Privacy compliance
Should you wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact us directly and we will be happy to assist.
Please note that we may ask for proof of your identity and address (such as a copy of your driving licence or passport – please do not send any original documents).
Additionally, you should be aware that not all of these rights are absolute and there may be circumstances in which we will not fully comply with your request because of a specified legal ground or exemption. For example, you will not be able to request that we delete all of your information if you have purchased a property from us because it will be necessary for the contract you have entered into. We will always let you know the legal basis for this.
We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable administrative fee for any manifestly unfounded or excessive requests concerning your access to your information, and for any additional copies of the personal information you request from us
This policy was last updated on 25th May 2018 and we are committed to a procedure of self-assessment to ensure we continue to comply with the General Data Protection Regulations.